By Nick Johnson - June 7th, 2010
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS 22% of our traffic from referring sites 34% direct traffic 11% search engines 33% ‘other’ Top 5 Traffic sources Direct traffic (22%) Google Ads (20%) Organic Searc...
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
- 22% of our traffic from referring sites
- 34% direct traffic
- 11% search engines
- 33% ‘other’
Top 5 Traffic sources
- Direct traffic (22%)
- Google Ads (20%)
- Organic Search (10%)
- Free newsletter listing (4%)
- Paid newsletter listing (3%)
Top 5 Social Media Sources
- LinkedIn (that 'eshot' style message last week, and event listings etc): 7%
- Blogs: 3%
- Twitter: 0.5%
- Document Sharing Sites – 0.5%
- Facebook – 0.4%
All Social Media traffic amounts to 11.6% of total traffic.
- I did noticeably less marketing last week (we're getting close to selling out now, so spending time and money to bring in a load of people who we'll have to turn away doesn't strike me as too clever) - this has obviously impacted on the amount of people coming in as 'direct traffic'.
- The big bump (from 6% to 11%) of traffic from 'static' marketing (I class this as listings, organic/paid search, and certain social media things (ie old blog posts/listings on LinkedIn etc) is because proportionally the numbers are given a boost because of the drop in new marketing (see point above). Absolute numbers aren't much different.