By adaptive - January 28th, 2015
With a growing user base, Instagram has become a major player across the social media space, but how should your corporation take full advantage?
Instagram has been on a continuous upward trajectory since its inception in 2010. The video and photo-sharing app now boasts over 300 million users. “Over the past four years, what began as two friends with a dream has grown into a global community that shares more than 70 million photos and videos each day, said CEO Kevin Systrom. “Instagram is home to creativity in all of its forms, a place where you can find everything from images of the Nile River to the newest look from Herschel Supply or a peek inside the mind of Taylor Swift.”
- Active brands (brands who post at least once a quarter) have almost doubled since Q3 2012.
- 3 out of 4 Interbrand 100 brands post at least one photo or video per week.
- Over the course of Q4, the number of top brands with 20,000 followers or more grew by 6%, while the number of top brands with 100,000 followers or more grew by 8%.
- Total brands with more than 100,000 followers have more than tripled since Q3 2012.
- Between Q3 2013 and Q4 2014, the number of brands who post more than 10 times per month has grown by 17.
- The number of brands posting 40-50 times per month has gone from an empty category to including four brands in a little over two years.
- The average engagement per post grew by 83% in Q4 2014 compared to just over one year ago.
- In Q4 2014, Interbrand 100 posts averaged 20,795 Likes and comments each, an 11% increase from Q3 2014.
- On average, posts by top brands garner 225 comments, with 50% of comments being posted in the first 10 hours and 69% of comments being posted in the first 48 hours. This reflects an even longer post shelf life than last quarter.
- Top brand posts have staying power. 10% of comments come after 19 days.
- High-performing posts (posts with double the average engagement) peak later, taking more than 19 hours to hit 50% of total comments.
- Posts with half the average engagement get 50% of their comments in less than three hours.
- Instagram enables visual brand storytelling with a full toolbox for brand experimentation. As the network’s ads and analytics grow more sophisticated, it is also experiencing record engagement and brand adoption.
- Marketers want to learn and implement best practices for driving meaningful engagement on Instagram, and converting its 300 million users to followers and customers by increasing activity and refining tactics.
June 2015, New York
With over 50 expert speakers (including 15 CMOs and CCOs) from the world’s most social brands, and 300+ of your corporate peers in attendance, #CSMNY offers unrivaled learning, networking and benchmarking opportunities. It is truly THE social media event of year.Brochure Programme