By Nick Johnson - February 22nd, 2011
Hi everyone, After a long (slightly longer than planned, actually) gestation, the first State of Corporate Social Media briefing is ready and waiting to be downloaded. If you've already requested a...
After a long (slightly longer than planned, actually) gestation, the first State of Corporate Social Media briefing is ready and waiting to be downloaded. If you've already requested a copy, we'll have one in your inbox today. If you haven't, then you can grab your own copy (it's totally free) here: usefulsocialmedia.com/stateofCSM
The briefing is based on the results of a survey we did in December of last year, with over 100 corporate social media practitioners - no vendors, no 'social media gurus', no students. Just practitioners doing this stuff daily in big companies. Pretty much like our conferences..
Anyway, we've ended up with a 32-page in-depth look at how companies are organising social media expertise, and how they plan leveraging social over the next year. Some of the questions we asked the community to tackle:
- How many members of staff work on social media for your business?
- Where do social media practitioners sit in your company?
- By how much will your budget for social media activity increase over 2011?
- What do you use social media for currently? How will that change over 2011?
- Do you feel confident that you're accurately measuring the impact of your social media marketing?
Basically, if you work in corporate social media, it would probably be worth a look - will give you an idea what everyone else is doing, if nothing else!
There's a quick sample below, and you can get the whole thing here: usefulsocialmedia.com/stateofCSM